A minor fire incident in Aso Rock was yesterday brought under control by vigilant staff of the presidential villa in Abuja.
The fire outbreak at a store close to the Villa Chapel was said to have been triggered by an electrical spark.
In a statement he issued yesterday on the development, the senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu noted there was no injury or serious damage as the building was quickly cleared of the inferno by the time the fire service arrived.
He stated: “A minor fire incident was recorded today, Thursday afternoon at a store near the State House Chapel in the Presidential Villa, Abuja. “The incident, linked to an electrical spark, was immediately brought under control by alert staff using available fire extinguishers well ahead of the arrival of the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises. Luckily, no injury or serious damage was sustained.